2023 Season Registrations
2023 Season Registrations open on Tuesday the 3rd of January 2023.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- Access to your email to activate your account
- Credit/Debit card
- Your Active Kids Voucher number (if applicable)
- Your child’s height and weight
- A portrait photo of your child on your computer/phone
All members will need to self-register in 2023. The system is Rugby Xplorer, and is managed by Rugby Australia. This is the same system we have been using for a number of years.
Any technical issues with registering should be forwarded to Rugby Australia email@example.com
Prices for 2023 Season include registration, all insurances, affiliation and playing fees, shorts, socks and a training shirt.
|U8 & U9||$305|
|U10 to U18||$330|
- We have been able to keep the reduced entry level U6 Fee for 2023 and kept U7s fees the same as last year.
- For U8s upwards there is a small increase due to passed on costs for SJRU and insurance.
- A sibling discount of $20 for first sibling, $30 for second and subsequent siblings, is available.
- You can use your active kids voucher in the payment section.
There are 2 steps for all members (new & returning)
Step 1 – Set Up your Rugby Account
NEW MEMBERS: You will need to first set up your rugby account. You can either complete these activities at https://myaccount.rugby.com.au (NB: you will need enter your email to verify you don’t already have a My Rugby Account) or you can download the Rugby Xplorer App, available in the App Store and Google Store.
RETURNING MEMBERS: first find your rugby account. The email address you registered with in 2022 will be in the system, so please enter the same one when you click here. If you know your MyRugby ID you can also use this to find your account.
If you can’t remember your password you can reset it via email or SMS by clicking Reset Password
The next step is to ensure all family relationships are linked before you register (except for new players) – i.e. all children being registered need to be linked to the primary account holder.
Instructions & help documents are available online here
Step 2 – Register your Players
You will need to go to https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au and sign in, then click on Register in the menu.
If you are using the Rugby Xplorer app open the app and chose Register tab by clicking on ‘More’ at the bottom of the app.
Under Play Rugby click ‘Find a Club’ and make sure you select the player you would like to register (ie: your child).
- Under Play Rugby click ‘Find a Club’ and make sure you select the player you would like to register (ie: your child).
- Enter Club name and Search – be sure to type “Killara” (not KWP) and select Killara West Pymble JRU, Sydney Junior Rugby Union as per below (otherwise you will be unable to register).
- This will take you to the Registration Type page, please note the following:
- Role: Player
- Registration type: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SELECT “XVs JUNIORS” as registration type as the “7s Junior” option is reserved for another purpose.
- Duration: Season
- Then continue to follow the steps, confirming your child’s details, height, weight, school name etc. Make sure you mark your profile as public when asked yes or no, as this will be needed for sign in sheets, team lists etc.
- You will then come to the Registration Summary page. On this page you can Add Active Kids Voucher if you have one to apply.
- Finally, you will come to the payment page where you can enter payment details (see note below on sibling discounts).
And you are done!
Please note the sibling discount will apply but unfortunately the system does not allow for only one checkout option. So you will need to a separate check out for each child, but provided you are doing it one after the other, the discount will apply for the second (and third etc) check out.
The full list of Help Resources is available at Help Resources are available at http://www.rugbyau.com/participate/rugby-administration/club-administration/resource-library
Active Kids Vouchers: or more information & to apply for Active Kids Vouchers click here https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
Active Kids Vouchers
To register for the Active Kids Voucher, you will need to create a MyService NSW Account - click the button to go there.
An activation code will be sent to your email so make sure you have access to email at same time.
Once registered, you can apply through your account, selecting My Services, and here you will find Office of Sport.
It will then take you through the steps to register for the voucher - NB you will need your child’s Medicare Card to process the application. You will also need height and weight details.
If approved, the voucher is processed instantly and also sent to your nominated email address.
For those who are unaware of the initiative, the NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program.
From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply for a $100 voucher per calendar year for each student enrolled in school. The voucher may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
More information here:
A players age at the 1st January determines their age group.
e.g. a child who is 7 at the 1st January plays in the Under 8s.
KWP runs teams in all junior age groups from Under 6 to Under 18. As well as the formidable Limping Leos our Over 35's team.
Players can also register with KWP for the mighty U5s, a combined Gordon Districts side with training held at our own home ground.
U5 to U7s play two handed tag only. Tackle starts from U8s.
2023 Season Fees
We have been able to keep the reduced entry level U6 Fee for 2023 and kept U7s fees the same as last year. For U8s upwards there is a small increase due to passed on costs for SJRU and insurance. You will also be able to utilise your active kids voucher in the payment section.
We are again offering a sibling discount of $20 for first sibling, $30 for second and subsequent siblings is available.
|U6||$150 ($130 – 2nd sibling, $110 – 3rd sibling)|
|U7||$210 ($190 - 2nd sibling, $180 - 3rd sibling)|
|U8 & U9||$305 ($285 - 2nd sibling, $275 - 3rd sibling)|
|U10 +||$330 ($310 - 2nd sibling, $300 - 3rd sibling)|
|Limping Leos (Over 35s)||$250|
Your registration fees include the following:
- Player Affiliation
- KWP Playing Shorts
- KWP Playing Socks
- KWP Training Shirt
- KWP Backpack
- Presentation Day Awards
Note: playing jerseys are provided by the club, however must be returned at the end of the season (excludes Over 35s).
A mouthguard is compulsory for teams playing tackle (U8s and above).
Moulded football boots are compulsory for U8s and above, U6 and 7s can wear boots or sneakers, however most wear boots.
A waterbottle with players name clearly marked is to be brought to all trainings and games.
IRB approved headgear and/or shoulder pads are optional
As a guide the youngest age group is the first game of the day, approximately 8.00am onwards, then each age group follows afterwards.
The game duration and size of the field is dependant on the age group, for more information please see Game Styles. There are usually multiple teams playing simultaneously up to U10.
All players are to be at the ground 30 minutes prior to game time. If there is a late start the match must be shortened with each half remaining equal to ensure the following game is not delayed.
Generally games are played on the last weekend of public school holidays only.